Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 10, 2014

FIFTEEN MINUTES WITH MARY BEFORE JESUS IN THE BLESSED SACRAMENT


 Behold me, my child! I am your Mother, stand­ing by my Jesus in order to present you to Him and to intercede for you. Poor child of mine: fear not; let not the Divinity of My Son frighten you. I am here in no other role than that of a Mother. Let me know your needs, your hopes and your desires, and I will explain them all to Him.

What do you need?

Tell me; and have trust in me. Are you afraid for your sins? It is well that you should have fear for them, because sins are really more dreadful than you think. Their hideousness is the best reason for shunning them. But you should on the other hand, have no fear, because My Son has paid your debt when He took it upon Himself to answer for all your sins. Go to Him unafraid. I will lead you to Him. Bring your fingers to these Wounds; let the drops of this purifying, cleansing blood fall upon your brow. Do you not now feel more consoled? Is it not true that your affections are purified, your heart inflamed when you come and touch the Virgin Body of My Jesus?

Do not all the offenses you have committed against my Son grieve you?

Come closer... think clearly. Do you see that sacred brow gashed by thorns? Those are the evil thoughts that my Jesus wished to purify - for your sake. Do you see those eyes, the delight of angels, now alas, lusterless and dim in death? Thus, has my Jesus paid for your sinful sensual curiosity. Those parched, livid lips have expiated your greed and your sinful talk; those wounds that cover His body cry out the name of the guilty one -you! Does not the sight of my Jesus move you? Does it not call you to repentance?

Is some bad habit or passion holding you back?

If so, then with more reason you should come here rnore frequently, and avail your­self of ary intercession. O frail heart! What is it that attracts you' Pleasure? Come to the wound on the side of Jesus, and have no fear, for I, His mother, tell you to: bring your lips to the heavenly drink that flows from it. This the elect have drunk; they who so man­fully despised the delights of the sense and pre­ferred those of heaven. Come again . . . and hear the beating of His Heart. Why is It quick­ened? Because It is stirred by love, because you come near It. His one desire is to save you, and even from afar He sees you coming to the Fountain of Life, which is Himself. Do not go away; one moment... Do you not feel more life within you? How could it be otherwise, since He Himself once said: "Come to Me all you that labor and are burdened, and I will re­fresh you."

Are you grieving for your own inconstancy and for your tepidity?

It is well that you should feel sorry for them. here in our presence; for they have made you unhappy, and they have kept the graces of my Jesus away from you. How different would your life be now had you been faithful to the promises you made me on such and such occa­sion! But courage! there is yet time. You are un­der my protection... you are close to that flame that can set the whole world on fire. Have a little more courage... enter the wound on the side of Jesus and come to the Taberna­cle of His Heart... There, all is fire, burning, consuming fire... Stay there, where once Therese of Jesus, Ignatius, Aloysius stayed. That is the school of love... where neither tepidity nor inconstancy ever gain admittance. How difficult it seems to you to stay in that school for any length of time. But the difficulty is not as great as you imagine. My Jesus makes those who approach Him with humility and goodwill abide with Him. Approach Him thus. Tell Him once again, "Hide me, O Lord, within Your Heart. Never let me be separated from You."

What virtue are you in need of? Purity? Yes, purity. You would wish to emerge al­ways victorious in the struggles that rage in your heart and drag you to evil. It makes you envious to see my throne all embowered with lilies, while you yourself, alas, are so full of stains! You cannot but blush and be filled with confusion at the contrast between the purity of your Mother and the ugliness of your own tainted soul. Have you not been told that I possess the secret of that heavenly wine that begets virgins, and which I share with those who strive to please me? Hear, then, what I wish you to do for me. Shun those companions whose conver­sations do not give credit to the love you bear for me. Would you prefer them to me? Avoid that occasion of sin; learn from your past falls that you cannot trust yourself. Would your love for me be enough to persuade you to make the sacrifice? No? Alas, ungrateful child, how little is the love you bear for your Mother! Come, make one more effort; I will help you, and your soul will be freed from the fetters of sin, and you shall be counted among the Guards of Honor of my Son, of Whom it was said. "He feedeth among the lilies."

Do you wish to entreat my Jesus in behalf of others?

Do so for your parents, your brothers and sis­ters, your friends. What would you have my Jesus do for them? Tell it to Him with con­fidence, for here I am, ready to intercede for you... You wish to see them more virtuous, do you not? More solicitous about their eternal salvation? You also wish temporal blessings for them, do you not? You wish them to enjoy material prosperity and good health? Be of good heart! My Jesus hears you and is ready to give you what you ask, if it is for the good of those you pray for. Pray also for wretched sinners. My heart melts with pity when I think of them; yet no one ever seems to remember them.

Pray for the unfortunate souls outside the true Church; pray for those who blaspheme and slander her. Great is the number of these and many of them are miserable youths brought up like yourself in the bosom of Mo­ther Church. Pray that my Son's cause, which is your own, may finally triumph. Pray for the Sovereign Pontiff; and so that your prayer may be more efficacious, unite it with the pray­ers of my Jesus, with my own prayers, and with those of all the just. Offer up your life, your prayers, your sufferings for the triumph of the cause of God. And do not fail to remember the poor souls in purgatory.

Now you are about to leave...

Go then, and perform your duties in the name of my Son and in my own name. Receive humbly the blessings that He and I now bes­tow on you. Do not forget Us completely in the midst of your daily tasks, but say to us an occasional word or two. I myself will con­vey to my Son whatever message you send Him during the day. Let them be brief, but frequent and full of love. When you are free, come here again, for here we await you and have fresh blessings in store for you. Now, you will expe­rience how sweet it is to live by our side... Above all do not be separated from us through sin, and if by some misfortune you do fall, come to us quickly; wash away the stain from your soul in the Sacrament of Penance, and, if you ask for it with a humble and contrite heart, you will surely have our pardon.

No comments:

Post a Comment