Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 10, 2014

FIFTEEN MINUTES WITH JESUS IN THE BLESSED SACRAMENT




My child, you need not know much in order to please Me much; it suffices that you love Me fervently. Speak to Me, then, with simplicity as to a most intimate- of friends, or as to your parents or' your brother or sister.

Is there anything you ought to ask Me in be­half of someone?

Tell Me the name, be it that of a parent, bro­ther, sister, or friend; tell Me at once what you wish I should do for them. Ask for much, very much. Do not hesitate to ask. I am pleased with generous souls who forget themselves in order to attend to the needs of others. Speak to Me plain­ly and with familiarity, concerning the poor whom you wish to console, the sick whom you see suffering, the wandering souls whom you are anxious to turn to the right path; speak to Me about absent friends whom you would like to see near you once again. Speak to Me a friendly word for the sake of all, an intimate and fervent word. Remind Me that I have pro­mised to listen to all prayers that come from the heart; for could the prayer that you address to Me for those your heart especially loves fail to come from the heart?

And for yourself, do you need any graces? Make Me, if you so wish it, a list of your needs, and come, read it in My presence. Tell Me frankly, that you are moved by pride, love of sensuality and comfort; that you are, perhaps, selfish, inconstant, negligent... and ask Me then to come and help the little or great efforts by which you undertake to shake off such miseries.

Do not be ashamed, poor soul! Many are the just who are in heaven, many saints of the first rank, who had those same defects! But they prayed with humility . . . and little by little they found themselves freed from them.

Neither hesitate to ask Me for temporal goods; health, intelligence, success in your work, busi­ness or studies; all these I can give, and do give you, and I desire you to ask them of me in so far as they do not oppose yqur sanctification, but rather contribute and help towards it. Here and now, what do you need? What can I do for you? If  you only knew the desires I have of loading you with favors!

Just now, have you any plan at hand? Relate it to me in detail. What troubles you? What are you thinking about? What are your wishes? What do you want Me to do for your brother, your sister, your friend; for your su­perior? What would you wish Me to do for them?

And towards Me? Do you not desire My glo­ry? Would you not wish to be able to do good to your neighbor, to your friends whom you love so much, and who live perhaps forgetful of Me?

Tell Me now what particularly occupies your attention, what your most ardent longings are and what means you have at hand to attain them? Tell Me whether your undertaking is a failure, and I shall tell you the causes of its lack of success. Would you not like Me to do something for your benefit? My child, I am the Master of all hearts, and sweetly do I rule over them without impairing their liberty.

Do you perhaps feel sorrowful and depressed? Tell Me, tell me, disconsolate soul, about your grief in all its details. Who has hurt you? Who has hurt your self-love? Who des­pised you? Draw yourself near to My Heart, which possesses a most efficacious balm for cur­ing all your wounds. Give me an account of all, and in a short time, you will end by saying that in imitation of Me, you forgive all, forget all; and in return you will receive My consoling blessing.

Have you perhaps any fear? Do you feel in your soul those vague melancholies that des­pite their groundlessness do not cease to be discouraging? Throw yourself into the arms of My providence. I am with you here; you have Me at your side; I see everything; not for a moment do I abandon you.

Are you hurt by the indifference shown by persons who once loved you well, but now, for­getful, withdraw from you, although you have not given them the least motive for it? Pray for them, and I shall return them to your side, if they are not going to be an obstacle to your sanctif ication.

And have you not, perhaps, some joy to tell Me? Why do you not, as a good friend, share it with Me?

Tell Me all that, since last month,. since your last vigil, have consoled and made your heart as it were, smile. Perhaps you have had pleasant surprises; perhaps you have had dark misgiv­ings that have vanished away; perhaps you have received happy news, some letter or token of affection. You might have overcome some difficulty, or escaped from a critical situation. All that is My work, and I have worked it out for you. Why do you not show Me your gra­titude for it, and say to Me, with the simplicity of a son to his father, "Thank you, dear Father,

thank you!" Gratitude brings with it new be­nefits, for the benefactor is pleased to see his goodness appreciated.

Have you not also some promise to give Me?

You know, I read the depths of your heart. Man may be deceived easily... God, never. Speak to me, then with all sincerity. Have you made a firm resolution not to expose yourself anymore to that occasion of sin? to deprive yourself of that object that has hurt you? not to read again that book that has so ex­cited your imagination? not to deal further with that person who has disturbed the peace of your soul?

Will you once more be kind, amiable and gra-cious with that person whom you have looked upon as an enemy, because he has offended you?

Well, then, My child, go back to your accus­tomed work, to your office, to your family, to your studies... but do not forget the fifteen minutes of pleasant conversation we have bad together here in the solitude of the sanc­tuary. As much as you can guard silence, observe modesty and recollection, be resigned to My will, practice charity toward your neighbor. Love My Mother - who is also yours -  the Most Blessed Virgin, and come back with your heart more devoted to My service. In My Heart you will daily find new love, new benefits, new consolation.

1 comment: