Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 11, 2015

Life is a gift from God

Life is a gift from God,
Who ordered all my days
and wrote them in his book of life
So I could give him praise!
He guards and still preserves
That Life he gave to me,
And loves me with a Father's love
And will eternally!!
Life is a Holy Gift
Which God alone can give.
He sets before us death and Life
Choose life that you might live!
For God has sent his Son
Who could have come a King,
But choose a mother's womb instead
Eternal life to bring.

Life as a gift from God
The covenant between God and humanity is interwoven with reminders of God’s gift of human life and man’s murderous violence: For your lifeblood I will surely require a reckoning. ...Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for God made man in his own image. .
The gift of life which God the Creator and Father has entrusted to man calls him to
appreciate the inestimable value of what he has been given and to take responsibility for it. .
From the moment of conception, the life of every human being is to be respected in an
absolute way because man is the only creature on earth that God has “wished for himself” and the spiritual soul of each man is “immediately created by God”; his whole being bears the image of the Creator.
Human life is the basis of all goods, and is the necessary source and condition of every human activity and of all society. Most people regard life as something sacred and hold that no one may dispose of it at will, but believers see in life something greater, namely a gift of God’s love, which they are called upon to preserve and make.

God creates life and he’s intimately involved in our development. Genesis declares that “God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them....The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and the man became a living being.” No life exists apart from God. He’s the Creator. We can’t take one breath, nor will our heart beat even one beat apart from God’s intervening grace that gives life.
 David writes in Psalm 139, “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth your eyes saw my unformed body.” With his infinite skill as the consummate Master Craftsman, the Lord fashioned our bodies, cell by meticulous cell, and formed us in our mother’s womb.The Bible assures all life is precious to God. No one created in the image of God is less valued by God than anyone else. Every person, special needs or not, is precious in God’s sight. Just because society places a higher value on people without special needs doesn’t mean that God has the same perspective. When God creates a person, he creates that person to accomplish his divine purposes. Keep in mind that God’s purposes may not be the same as our purposes. All life is precious to God.

I THANK YOU LORD
… for all the blessings you gave me this year.

… for the sunny days and for the sad, cloudy days.

… for the peaceful afternoons and the long, dark nights.

Thank you for health and sickness, for the sorrows and joys I had this year.

Thank you for all the things you lent me and then took back again.

Thank you, Lord, for the friendly smiles and helping hands, for the love I received and all wonderful things.

For the flowers and stars, for children and loving souls.

Thank you for the loneliness, for work, for difficulties and problems, for uncertainties and tears because all these brought me closer to You.

Thank you for preserving my life, for supplying shelter, food and all my needs

Whatever you wish,
My Lord

… I ask only that you grant me faith to see you in everything that comes my way,

Hope & Courage to not give up,

And Love… more love for you each day and for those around me.
GIVE ME patience, humility, and a living heart

Give me, Lord, what you know
is good for me and that which
I know not how to ask.

Grant me an obedient heart and a listening ear, an alert mind
and active hands so that I may yield to your desire and
submit to your perfect will for my life

Pour out Your blessings over all my loved ones
and bring peace to the hearts of all who remember me today.
Amen.
Eternal and ever blessed God, You make all things new, we thank you that today you have allowed us to begin a new day. We remember all the way by which you have brought us to this present hour, and we thank you for every step of it. Thank you for the good sleep and rest we had, and for the protection. Help us to please you in all things today. Keep us from all evil. Give us wisdom. O God, we praise and thank you for giving another year of life to our dear Sr. Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment