Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Childrens holy hour according to Pope John Paul

Introducing Words ・  the leader can start with a few
words to help bring the children・s hearts and minds to Jesus.

・Jesus is here : we believe that Jesus・ is truly present in the Blessed Sacrament. We want to express our belief, this is why we make this Act of Faith.‖ (Pray an Act of Faith)
Pray a decade of the Rosary. ・Remember children, Mary is always here adoring her son, Jesus, with us.‖ Let the children take turns saying the Hail Mary・s. Finish with a Glory Be and My Jesus. For a CD with Eucharis-tic Rosary meditations by Brothers of St John visit our website.

Song
First bow and prayer in silence ・ ・When we bow down we make ourselves small and humble in our adoration of our God.‖

Meditation – ・Jesus is truly present in the Eucharist, our God is hidden. How great is His love for us and the love that He continues to give us. He waits for us day and night in that little Sacred Host.

Contrition – speak to about how even though we try to be good we sometimes offend God. Think of the little ways we might have of-fended Him recently; give a few examples of small things. Then we ask Jesus to forgive us for the things we have done that were wrong. Speak to Him in the silence of your heart. Silence for a bit and make an Act of Hope.

Song
Second bow before God – Stay in silence for a minute or two while the children are encouraged to tell Jesus of their love for Him in the silence of their hearts.

Mercy for Others-God loves us and forgives us when we are sorry and ask for His mercy. He also likes for us to ask for mercy for those who offend Him and are hard of heart. These are poor souls who need Gods mercy so much but do not know of His love yet. We ask for mercy for them. Remind them of the story of Fatima and pray Fatima Prayers.


Prayer of the Angel of Fatima (taught to the children by an angel)

"Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son, Holy Spirit, I adore You pro-foundly and offer You the most Precious Body, Blood, Soul and Di-vinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the earth, in reparation for the outrages, sacri-leges, and indifference with which He Himself is offended. And through the infinite merits of His Most Sacred Heart and of the Im-maculate Heart of Mary, I beg of You the conversion of poor sin-ners."

Reading from the Holy Gospel, story of a Saint, or the history of the Eucharist – Ask the children to take a moment of silence to reflect on what they have just heard.

Act of Thanksgiving – You can ask the children to make their acts of thanksgiving individually to God for: family, health, friends, etc. (Act of Love)

Song– Encourage the children to make this song a gift of love in thanksgiving for all they have received from Jesus.

Third bow before God (in silence) This time you can invite them to stay in a little more time of silence (4-5 minutes); and to close their eyes to receive the loving gaze of Jesus upon them. You may ask them to choose something that they would like to do for Jesus that week, like the young Francisco, a sacrifice of love to the wounded Heart of Jesus.

Last prayer before Benediction
 
Jesus, though I must soon leave your Eucharistic presence, I will

carry your divine love to everyone I meet. Because you give so

much love to me, help me not to be selfish. Bless me as I will try to share your love with my parents, my brothers and sisters, my classmates and friends, and everyone. Help me to respect and love them, accept them as they are and not as I would like them to be.

May your blessing, dear Jesus, help me to please you in everything

I do. Bless my family and friends too. Thank you, Jesus. I will visit

you again soon, because I know you will be here waiting for me.

Amen.
Prayer for the souls in Purgatory (Prayer of St. Gertrude the Great)
"Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family.‖ Amen
Spiritual Communion (Can be said anytime during the hour)
 
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.  

No comments:

Post a Comment