Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 1, 2013

HOLY HOUR FOR LIFE

  OPENING SONG AND EXPOSITION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT: The opening song is concluded and a period of silent prayer follows. OPENING PRAYER
Lord Jesus Christ,

We worship you living among us in the sacrament of your body and blood May we offer to our Father in heaven a solemn pledge of undi-vided love. May we offer to our brothers and sisters a life poured out in loving service of that kingdom where you live with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

All: Amen.

LITURGY OF THE WORD
FIRST READING


A reading from the Book of Genesis 9:1-7 LFM 338

From man in regard to his fellow man I will demand an account-ing for human life.
God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them:
"Be fertile and multiply and fill the earth. Dread fear of you shall come upon all the animals of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon all the creatures that move about on the ground and all the fishes of the sea; into your power they are delivered. Every creature that is alive shall be yours to eat; I give them all to you as I did the green plants. Only flesh with its lifeblood still in it you shall not eat. For your own lifeblood, too, I will demand an accounting: from every animal I will demand it, and from man in regard to his fellow man I will demand an accounting for human life. If anyone sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has man been made. Be fertile, then, and multiply; abound on earth and subdue it."

The word of the Lord.

Psalm 139: 1b-3, 13-14b, 23-24 LFM 440 R. Guide me Lord, along the everlasting way.

O Lord, you have probed me and you know me; You know when I sit and when I stand; You understand my thoughts from afar. My journeys and my rest you scrutinize, With all my ways you are familiar. R. Guide me Lord, along the everlasting way.

Truly you have formed my inmost being; You knit me in my mother’s womb. I give you thanks that I am fearfully, wonderfully made; wonderful are your works. R. Guide me Lord, along the everlasting way.

Probe me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my thoughts; See if my way is crooked, And lead me in the way of old. R. Guide me Lord, along the everlasting way

After a period of silent prayer:
GOSPEL ACCLAMATION
 
R. Alleluia, alleluia. Jn 6:39
 
 
And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me,
 
R. Alleluia, alleluia.
 
 
GOSPEL
+A reading from the holy Gospel according to John 6:35-40

Jesus said to the crowds: "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst. But I told you that although you have seen me, you do not believe. Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and
 
I will not reject anyone who comes to me, because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me. And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it on the last day.

For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day."
The Gospel of the Lord.
 
 
All: Thanks be to God.

At this point there is a period for extended Silent Prayer (15-20 minutes) At the conclusion of this time there may be a SPIRITUAL REFLECTION: offered by the presider.

INTERCESSIONS Standing at the chair, the presiding minister invites the people to pray:

Presiding Minister: God is the author of life. In Him we place our trust and hope as we pray:




All: Lord, hear our prayer.
 
 
Deacon or other Minister: That justice, truth, and a love for the gift of life might inspire all legislators, governors, and our President, we pray to the Lord:




All: Lord, hear our prayer.
 
 
Deacon or other Minister: For all who do not embrace the rights of the unborn that, in love, they may come to know the dignity of every person in the eyes of God, we pray to the Lord:




All: Lord, hear our prayer.
 
 
Deacon or other Minister: For those preparing to receive the Sacrament of Marriage: that they might embrace their role as sharers in God’s crea-tive love, we pray to the Lord:




All: Lord, hear our prayer.
 
 
Deacon or other Minister: For all who touch the lives of the condemned, the old, and the forgotten, that they might have compassion, respect, and appreciation for the dignity of all human life, we pray to the Lord:



All: Lord, hear our prayer.

Deacon or other Minister: For the dying that through the love, care, and devotion of others they may know the beauty of life in their dying moments, we pray to the Lord:



All: Lord, hear our prayer.
 
Deacon or other Minister: For all the victims of the culture of death that like Lazarus, forgotten and poor, they may be welcomed into God’s eternal peace, we pray to the Lord:



All: Lord, hear our prayer.
 
After a period of silent prayer

Litany for Life — USCCB Pro Life Activities Lord, have mercy. Lord, have mercy.

Christ, have mercy. Christ, have mercy.

Lord, have mercy. Lord, have mercy.

God of all creation. Lord, have mercy.



Christ, through whom all things were made.
 
Lord, have mercy.
 
Spirit of life and truth, Lord, have mercy.

On each child just conceived, Lord, have mercy.

For their safety and health, Lord, have mercy.

For nine months of growth, Lord, have mercy.

That an angel may protect them, Lord, have mercy.

For peace and for hope, Lord, have mercy.

On all new fathers, Lord, have mercy.

On fathers who are alone, Lord, have mercy.

On fathers unemployed, Lord, have mercy.

On fathers who are suffering, Lord, have mercy.

On young fathers who are in pain, Lord, have mercy.

On all new mothers, Lord, have mercy.

On mothers who are alone, Lord, have mercy.

On mothers unemployed, Lord, have mercy
 
On mothers who are suffering, Lord, have mercy.

On young mothers who are afraid, Lord, have mercy.

On mothers who are in pain, Lord, have mercy.

On those who defend life, Lord, have mercy.

On those who love the child in the womb, Lord, have mercy.

On those who pray for the unborn child, Lord, have mercy.

On all who work to change unjust laws, Lord, have mercy.

On all who live the Gospel of Life, Lord, have mercy.

On all legislators who work for life, Lord, have mercy.

On all national and state officials, Lord, have mercy.

On all who are too little to vote or persuade, Lord, have mercy.

On all people who work for life, Lord, have mercy.

On doctors who gaze on life's mysteries, Lord, have mercy.

On physicians who see into the womb, Lord, have mercy.

On surgeons who heal the unborn child, Lord, have mercy.

On nurses and nursing students, Lord, have mercy.

On those who first hear the heartbeat, Lord, have mercy.

On nurses who cradle the newborn, Lord, have mercy.

On all who protect defenseless life, Lord, have mercy.

On the unborn child whose life rests in the hands of others, Lord, have mercy.

On all victims of abortion, Lord, have mercy.

On all who seek mercy, Lord, have mercy.

On all who seek peace, Lord, have mercy.

On all who seek justice, Lord, have mercy.

On all who seek healing, and mercy, and perfect peace, Lord, have mercy.

God our loving Father, grant wisdom to those who govern us, compas-sion and courage to those who work to defend human life, and safety and care to every human being, for You alone who formed us in our mothers’ wombs, and who call us home to heaven, are God, for ever and ever. Amen.

-

 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment